U-District Foundation Mission Statement
It is the mission of the U-District Foundation to inspire kids to live healthy lives and to dream great dreams. We are committed to helping our students grow by coaching them about good nutrition, staying active and setting goals. We believe in the power of encouragement, the value of teamwork, and strengthening the connection between health & happiness.
1. Fun and Fitness Camps: With this free camp, our goal is to show kids how fun exercise can be and the importance of a healthy lifestyle. This camp averages 150 kids, ages 6-13.
2. School PE program Assistance: This is a free program and we are currently helping at …..(list the seven schools)….and looking for more!
3. Family Challenge: This program is part educational and part fitness class with the goal of assisting families with nutritional and fitness goals. At least one parent must participate with their child. The program is 2x per week for 6wks, cost $50
4. Mentorship Program: After an intake process is complete, volunteer mentors are matched with school children between the ages of 8 – 12. Children and their parent(s) also go through an application and interview process to ensure the right adult mentor is matched to the right student. Each child has an individual plan of short term and long term goals to help the mentor plan outings. Support for mentors, students and families is always available. The commitment level is minimal at two outings a month and two hours each outing. For more information, contact our Mentorship Coordinator, Mike Sacco at 509-953-0138 or email@example.com.
5. Sports Training Scholarship Program: Youth athletes may apply for this free individual program with our training staff based on financial needs.